Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position is responsible for compliance related duties for all lines of business within NeighborWorks Southern Colorado. Duties include grant management after grants are secured, compliance support for Human Resources as well as following a technology/disaster recovery plan. Will also, assure that all reporting is completed on time and compliant to requirements. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
The Compliance Coordinator plays a central role in the organization as they are responsible for providing to management by researching and analyzing data, collecting information, and preparing reports. Additionally, this position must maintain compliance with contracts with funders, co-applicants, Federal, State and local Government entities. The Compliance Coordinator position requires excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills and the ability to exercise extensive discretion and independent judgement.
Responsibilities (Include but not limited to) Compliance Duties
• Create and maintain a grant compliance calendar with exceptional attention to detail to maintain critical timelines. Create and maintain system to notify appropriate staff of key dates in a timely fashion.
• Create and maintain current and accurate files for each funding source including applications, communications, contracts and reports while working closely with the Community & Resource Development Coordinator.
• Review to ensure accuracy of all certification files and work with all NWSoCo team to identify and resolve events of non-compliance.
• Work closely with Accounting manager to collect financial information and ensure proper coding of grants and contract income and expenses.
• Assist the Accounting Manager in new employee and ongoing updates to ensure HR compliance.
• Work with all NWSoCo staff to ensure all are following the technology/disaster recovery plan. Other
• Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, occasionally assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior staff.
• Maintain confidentiality in regards to personnel, funding contracts, client/customer data.
• Seek out and complete applicable training when required for performance.
• May perform additional duties of similar or related nature as assigned. • Some travel for training may be required Physical Requirements
• Requires sitting or standing at a desk for long periods of time indoors. Eye and hand coordination for viewing of monitor screen and multiple reports along with high volume of keyboard. Includes small amount of lifting (up to 10 lbs.), twisting and bending.
• An Associates degree preferred and 5 years of similar work experience is required.
• Experience with donor tracking and relationship software preferred, use of Salesforce ideal.
• Office computer skills; MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, (includes creating, editing, and maintaining various applications as well as creation and maintenance of spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel)
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and filing skills
• Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills in a busy work environment; ability to meet deadlines despite regular interruptions.
• The ability to identify areas of opportunity of inefficiency and using problem-solving skills and communication, actionably improve NWSOCO’s effectiveness.
• Positive, professional demeanor and the ability to work well with staff and promote a positive image of NWSOCO throughout the community.
NeighborWorks Southern Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer.