Check back regularly for updated positions and opportunities.
Established in 1977, NeighborWorks of Pueblo, a private non-profit organization, is a partnership between residents, business and government that builds healthy neighborhoods by promoting affordable housing, home ownership and community pride. Over the years NeighborWorks of Pueblo has painted over 500 homes, and built 119 affordable new homes. Today, we are working on 2 new builds and 6 renovations for 2015. NWP continues to serve its’ mission of revitalizing neighborhoods and assisting families with home ownership.
NeighborWorks of Pueblo is part of the national NeighborWorks® network, an affiliation of more than 245 nonprofit organizations located in every state, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. In 2014, the NeighborWorks network helped¬¬¬¬ 300,000 individuals and families with affordable housing and counseling. The NeighborWorks network was founded and is supported by NeighborWorks America, which creates opportunities for people to live in affordable homes, improve their lives and strengthen their communities.
The Social Media and Development Intern will need to be someone who is industrious and self-motivated with excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines. We are seeking an individual with passion for community revitalization. Internship Positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development, grant writing, events planning, researching sponsor prospects, maintain programs, implement and manage special projectss, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working for a well-known community based nonprofit organization.
• Assist in planning community and fundraising events.
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
• Update NWPueblo website and database when needed.
• Help with the development of PSAs and content for social media and web
• Optimize tags on feeds by sharing sites and search engines via creative keyword optimization.
• Reach out to the community organizations, general public and sponsors with the message of NWPueblo’s mission.
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas and directions for marketing and communications.
• Assist in processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Maintain revitalization programs; implement and manage revitalization programs.
• Administrative work including, but not limited to, filing, file cleaning, data entry, answering phones and email.
We are looking for either one full-time or two part-time (minimum of 15 hours/week) to work Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm MST.
We are seeking motivated college students or young professionals looking to gain experience working with a nonprofit. Prior interning experience is not a requirement; however we do require you to have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn. The intern should have an interest NWPueblo’s mission of revitalizing neighborhoods and assisting families with home ownership.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel
• Internet savvy with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Wikis, LinkedIn, etc…
• Functional knowledge of HTML and the ability to build social community and create viable marketing strategy
• Knowledge of SEO-think, to include basic keyword searches
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Efficient organizational skills.
• Ability to jump from task to task, prioritize and multi-task effectively
• The ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to communicate in a professionally with press and community contacts
• Interest in nonprofit development/fundraising
This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out “work-study” grants with your college, if that is an option.
We are more than willing to follow your school’s program requirements, including recording your hours and providing a written evaluation upon completion of your internship.
If you are interested in the internship, please send an updated resume with cover letter; in your cover letter please include what semester or time period you are interested in interning and estimated days and times you would be available to work.
Send your resumes and cover letters via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or our location.