Check back regularly for updated positions and opportunities.
Click on the Position Title to see Job Description
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Homeownership Advisor is responsible one-on-one counseling and coaching for all aspects of the Education line of business (Affordable Housing) to include group education classes. Additionally, the position involves working directly with the staff, public, clients and other local businesses and nonprofit organizations to create working relationships to develop education opportunities on and off site. This is a ¾ time non-exempt position; expected to work evenings and weekends as the business and schedule requires.
The Homeownership Advisor plays a central role in the coordination of the one-on-one educational counseling and coaching programs, as well as the group education programs in alignment with the organization’s mission to promote healthy, vibrant neighborhoods and serve as the first choice for homebuyer resources in Southern Colorado. Additionally, the Homeownership Advisor is integral in the compliance adherence to the organization’s education programs and the funders of those programs. The Homeownership Advisor position requires excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills and the ability to exercise extensive discretion, independent judgement and political acumen.
(Include but not limited to)
Affordable Housing: Pre-purchase, Foreclosure prevention, Rental, Financial Fitness, Group Education Classes
· Inform and educate customers of the benefit and all services offered by NeighborWorks.
· Assists with intakes, appointment scheduling, and customer follow-up utilizing NWSoCo’s virtual customer facing tool (CFT, COMPASS) and the Organization’s Client Management System (Salesforce – CMS)
· Handle routine customer concerns/questions by thoroughly explaining and helping customers to understand the process by which customers move through each of NWSoCo programs with a focus on long-term financial stability.
· Provide information on programs provided by other human service agencies, as needed to promote NWSoCo as a common place to seek resources in the community.
Conduct needs assessment and perform budget and debt reduction analysis
Provide comprehensive individual counseling/coaching services to prospective homebuyers and existing homeowners covering a broad array of areas related to the skills, knowledge, and confidence necessary to qualify for, select, finance, buy, maintain, repair, and keep a home.
Provide credit counseling to clients in need of improving their credit score.
Educate clients on how to read a credit report and dispute derogatory items.
Develop budget counseling materials for on-site counseling/coaching.
Provide one-on-one counseling/coaching to individuals who have attended Financial Capability (Fitness) or Homebuyer Education classes with NWSoCo.
Conduct Financial Capability (Fitness), Homebuyer Education and Post-Purchase classes
Provide comprehensive education to prospective homebuyers and existing homeowners covering a broad array of areas related to the skills, knowledge, and confidence necessary to qualify for, select, finance, buy, maintain, repair, and keep a home.
Monitor Group class registrations and then create classroom materials as needed.
· Enter intake and appropriate information into Counselor Max/Salesforce & other Client Management Systems as appropriate
Provide one-on-one counseling for clients facing foreclosure.
Pull, read, and analyze client credit report; analyze financial data and work with client to create their own household budget.
Utilize knowledge of HUD rules and regulations to negotiate housing solutions with mortgage lenders and loan servicers.
Create a written action plan for each client, identify financial goals necessary for client to prevent foreclosure and provide follow-up with client until a solution is reached.
Prepare financial package and submit to lender/loan servicer in a timely manner.
Negotiate loan modifications or other qualifying solution, on behalf of the client, with loan servicer to prevent foreclosure.
Follow up with lenders on a consistent basis to obtain updates.
o Analyze complex situations and provide viable solutions.
o Facilitate understanding and signing of loan modification or loan agreement documents.
Ensure timely submission of client information into Salesforce and Counselor Max of monthly, quarterly or annual reports to HUD, NWA, the City of Pueblo, Pueblo County and other grantors as required by those organizations.
Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, other human services agencies, and the general public.
Maintain certification requirements according to the National Industry Standards for Homeownership. Travel may be required.
Adhere to the National Industry Standard Code of Ethics policy.
May perform additional duties of a similar or related nature as assigned.
Some travel for training may be required.
A minimum of 2 years of previous experience in homeownership coaching/counseling or mortgage lending.
Knowledge of the NeighborWorks of America organization and the function of neighborhood reinvestment programs preferred.
The ability to work productively in a fast-paced and sometimes high stress environment.
The ability to analyze complex situations and provide viable solutions.
The ability to think creatively and introduce new ideas and programs that align with the organization mission and will create more visibility and earned income revenue for the organization.
High level of verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
The ability to task, prioritize and multi-task effectively.
The ability to communicate professionally with press and community contacts.
Organized and self-motivated to maintain daily responsibilities as well as special projects.
Office computer skills; MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, (includes creating, editing, and maintaining various applications as well as creation and maintenance of spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
NeighborWorks Southern Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1977, NeighborWorks of Pueblo, a private non-profit organization, is a partnership between residents, business and government that builds healthy neighborhoods by promoting affordable housing, home ownership and community pride. Over the years NeighborWorks of Pueblo has painted over 500 homes, and built 119 affordable new homes. Today, we are working on 2 new builds and 6 renovations for 2015. NWP continues to serve its’ mission of revitalizing neighborhoods and assisting families with home ownership.
NeighborWorks of Pueblo is part of the national NeighborWorks® network, an affiliation of more than 245 nonprofit organizations located in every state, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. In 2014, the NeighborWorks network helped¬¬¬¬ 300,000 individuals and families with affordable housing and counseling. The NeighborWorks network was founded and is supported by NeighborWorks America, which creates opportunities for people to live in affordable homes, improve their lives and strengthen their communities.
The Social Media and Development Intern will need to be someone who is industrious and self-motivated with excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines. We are seeking an individual with passion for community revitalization. Internship Positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development, grant writing, events planning, researching sponsor prospects, maintain programs, implement and manage special projectss, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working for a well-known community based nonprofit organization.
• Assist in planning community and fundraising events.
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
• Update NWPueblo website and database when needed.
• Help with the development of PSAs and content for social media and web
• Optimize tags on feeds by sharing sites and search engines via creative keyword optimization.
• Reach out to the community organizations, general public and sponsors with the message of NWPueblo’s mission.
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas and directions for marketing and communications.
• Assist in processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Maintain revitalization programs; implement and manage revitalization programs.
• Administrative work including, but not limited to, filing, file cleaning, data entry, answering phones and email.
We are looking for either one full-time or two part-time (minimum of 15 hours/week) to work Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm MST.
We are seeking motivated college students or young professionals looking to gain experience working with a nonprofit. Prior interning experience is not a requirement; however we do require you to have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn. The intern should have an interest NWPueblo’s mission of revitalizing neighborhoods and assisting families with home ownership.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel
• Internet savvy with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Wikis, LinkedIn, etc…
• Functional knowledge of HTML and the ability to build social community and create viable marketing strategy
• Knowledge of SEO-think, to include basic keyword searches
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Efficient organizational skills.
• Ability to jump from task to task, prioritize and multi-task effectively
• The ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to communicate in a professionally with press and community contacts
• Interest in nonprofit development/fundraising
This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out “work-study” grants with your college, if that is an option.
We are more than willing to follow your school’s program requirements, including recording your hours and providing a written evaluation upon completion of your internship.
If you are interested in the internship, please send an updated resume with cover letter; in your cover letter please include what semester or time period you are interested in interning and estimated days and times you would be available to work.
Send your resumes and cover letters via email to: email@example.com or our location.